Re: [Xen-devel] xl, libxl: add support for 'channels'

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 04:14:16PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Dave Scott writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] xl, libxl: add support for 'channels'"):
> > On 25 Sep 2014, at 20:13, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > The major piece of information that is missing is - who/what generates
> > > the udev information in the guest? I could not find it in the Linux
> > > hvc_console.c driver so I am unclear of how it is suppose to
> > > work there?
> >
> > I believe all secondary consoles (in device/console/ in xenstore)
> > generate the event. Iâm not familiar with the kernel side of things;
> > Stefano: can you point us in the right direction?

Stefano?

Either way, I think this patch just need to mention what kernel driver
so that folks who are developing this can check that the required
kernel driver is loaded (or built).

> > For reference I used a udev rule to catch all secondary consoles:
> >
> > # Set up secondary Xen consoles
> > SUBSYSTEM=="xen", DEVPATH=="/devices/console-[0-9]",
> > RUN+="xenconsole-setup-ttyâ
>
> I think this should be documented somewhere in the patch, at the very
> least.  Better would be to submit it upstream.

+1 in the patch.

Upstream being in the libvirt side of the world? Sure - the more the merrier.