Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable: pci-passthrough "irq 16: nobody cared" on HVM guest shutdown on irq of device not passed through.

>>> On 25.09.14 at 16:36, <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - When shutting down the HVM guest when A happens the number of interrupts in
> /proc/interrups is still what it was, but when B happens it seems like a irq
> storm
>   and after the irq nobody cared that ends with (always that 200000 so
> perhaps a threshold ?):
>   16:     200000          0          0          0          0          0
> xen-pirq-ioapic-level  snd_hda_intel

100,000 is the traditional threshold, so I would expect the cited
instance to be the second one. It didn't really become clear to me
- is this observed in Dom0 or in the shutting down guest? And did
you really check that no other device (even if currently not having
an interrupt handler bound) is sitting on IRQ 16?

> - On the start when B happens, xl dmesg contains this message (when A happens
> it doesn't contain it):
>   (XEN) [2014-09-25 13:39:48.149] d32767v2: Unsupported MSI delivery mode 3
> for Dom2

I guess this is what you'd need to start investigating, i.e. where this
has its origin.

Jan