Re: [Xen-devel] Failed to access register with invalid access size alignment

  • To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Zytaruk, Kelly" <Kelly.Zytaruk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:16:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Cc: "Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:16:44 +0000

Hi Jan,

Just saw this message from you, must have missed it earlier.  I paused the
guest on the access and found the EIP address pointing to an OS port access
function in the Windows guest.  I wasn't able to gather any stack trace
information so I couldn't tell how it was originally called.  I don't see any
failures on bare metal so I presume that this is either a non-required access
or it just happens to return a result that the caller is happy with.

Thanks,
Kelly