Re: [Xen-devel] gdbsx - xg_attach:Unable to pause domain:1; failed to attach to domain:1 errno:13

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:58:37 +0000
Pete Delaney <pdelaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Mukesh:
>

> Thanks for your help on enabling gdbsx...
>

> > Hmm... that all seems ok then. Can you check your permissions on :
>

> > /proc/xen/privcmd
>

>   root@piet-openxen-blade:~# ls -l /proc/xen/privcmd
>
>   -rw------- 1 root root 0 Aug 11 13:37 /proc/xen/privcmd
>

> Privcmd seems to be a hypervisor call available from userland
>
> For Xen developers:
>

> http://sanifool.com/2013/02/08/invoking-an-hypercall-from-userland-via-privcmd/
>

> >  Other possibilities:
>
> >   - do you have xsm enabled?
>

> Don't  think so. I've heard this security stuff can get in the way.
>
> Doing a  'xl list -Z' doesn't show any security
> labels.                                            [Wish I had
> Synergy Installed]
>

> >-  can you put a printk in xen file common/domctl.c:
>

> Sure but first I likely need to start using the openxen code that I
> compiled from src.
>
> I'm currently using openxen installed via a Ubuntu 14.04 package.
>

> Mind explaining the best way to proceed on switching to the openxen
>
> That I compiled from source? I thought  some of it might be installed
> at /usr/local/
>
> And perhaps just changing a search path or two will be sufficient.
>

> I suspect I'll need to put a new xen kernel on /boot and update the
> grub config.

Correct. Just git clone xen tree to match your version, then edit the
file to add printk, then build xen. copy xen to target machine over
to /boot. Then edit grub kernel line to boot new xen.

Mukesh