Re: [Xen-devel] [XEN/ARM PATCH v1 1/1] Unbreak Arndale XEN boot

On 12/09/14 14:03, Suriyan Ramasami wrote:
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Suriyan Ramasami <suriyan.r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Suriyan,

A couple of remarks about the Samsung secure firmware and your patch.

When secure firmware is present, the CPU bring up is done by SMC (I don't
see this code in your patch).

Yes you are right. A call to call_firmware_op(cpu_boot, phys_cpu)
translating to exynos_smc(SMC_CMD_CPU1BOOT, cpu, 0, 0) is missing
right before the call to waking up the  cpu.
This was intentional on my part as the trustzone blob that comes with
the odroid xu does not have code for that smc call and just returns
-1.

  I am guessing as we want this as generic as posisble, I should add
that part in.

Also, for now, the secure firmware MMIO range is mapped to DOM0. I'm not
sure we should do that because it contains way to idle CPU...
I think we should blacklist it for now. And see how DOM0 behave without.

I shall try this on the Odroid XU.

Hello Julien,

Hello Suriyan,

    I blacklisted "samsung,secure-firmware" and I can't perceive any
change in DOM0's behavior in the Odroid XU. Do you recommend, I send
the next patch with this blacklisted?

Yes please.

Regards,

--