Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 development update (September update). Feature freeze slip by two weeks.

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 10.09.14 at 21:26, <rcojocaru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/10/14 20:05, konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> *  Introspection of HVM guests (ok)
>>    v6
>>   -  Razvan Cojocaru
>
> Will post a new series tomorrow. Three out of 5 patches seem to be Acked
> and haven't had any comments in a while (the first three), and I hope to
> be able to do away completely with patch 4/5 (per-domain page fault
> injection) for now, and just use the existing HVMOP_inject_trap
> interface - but this needs a bit more testing to make sure.

To be honest, despite considering patches 1-3 in acceptable shape
for being committed from a purely mechanical standpoint, I'm still
struggling with general reservations towards them: The whole series
continues to be very focused on special purpose behavior you want
for your product; recent comments from George emphasize that.

I can say for sure that patch 2 would be of immediate interest to us as well. The other patches in the series do also touch on areas that we care about (msr events, bringing back paged out memory). It might be worth considering splitting the series as to consider individual patches rather than the series as a whole.

Tamas