[Xen-devel] Xen Guest Timer (ARM) question

Hello Xen Team,

I am trying to understand the Timer implementation for a Guest. After going through the code I have a few trivial questions,Â

a) As per ARM documentation There are 3 timers
i) Physical Timer
ii) Virtual Timer
iii) Hypervisor TimerÂ
As per my understanding the hypervisor timer is for Xen and Virtual Timer is for Domain. I am not able to find the need for a physical timer in a Xen system.
Q1. Why is guest not given only a virtual timer, What is the need for Âthe guest to have a physical timer as well ?

Q2. In virt_timer_save set_timer is called. If vcpu is going in a suspended state what is the requirement of a timer being set ?

Thanks and Best Regards
embedded dev student