Re: [Xen-devel] Non PCI passthrough on xen-unstable tree

On 14/08/14 10:20, manish jaggi wrote:
On 14 August 2014 14:18, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/13/2014 06:29 PM, manish jaggi wrote:
On 10 August 2014 07:53, manish jaggi <manishjaggi.oss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am trying to evaluate your changes
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/devel/342003)  while  I am adding
support for PCI passthrough for xen on cavium thunder. Can you please
provide steps how you tested non-pci passthrough with your git.

Everything should be written in the cover letter. I won't copy again the
steps here.

Can you please help us with the following so that we can test your
patch and use it in our development
Which linux version  was used, defconfig and domU.cfg used ?

Why are you talking about linux version/defconfig? As said on my cover
letter nothing as been modified in Linux. The only requirements is the
kernel must have a driver for your device.

I was not able to make out from the cover letter.

"To avoid adding code in DOM0 to manage platform device deassignment, the user has to mark the device disabled in the device tree."

Was it only on midway or can work on foundation model

Even though I did my development on midway, it should work on every
platform with devices under an SMMU.

Regards,

It would be very helpful if you could please provide steps to test this feature.
I have to integrate your work into my tree for testing PCI
pass-through on cavium thunder platform.

Below, the steps to use on midway. You will have to adapt to your platform:

1) In the u-boot script disable the device you plan to passthrough:
  fdt set /soc/ethernet@fff51000 status disabled
2) Ask the toolstack to passthrough the device by adding in the vm config file:
  dtdev= [ "/soc/ethernet@fff51000" ]

There is some minor error in my branch passthrough-v2. I've pushed a new one here:

git://xenbits.xen.org/people/julieng/xen-unstable.git passthrough-v2.1

Regards,

--
Julien Grall