Re: [Xen-devel] Support for VMEbus in Xen

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Paul Manners <paul.manners@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 15:47:33 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:48:07 +0000

Hi Stephano,
I'm not sure how to determine whether the existing VME driver in the linux kernel exposes MMIO regions but I did find this:Âhttp://epics.sourceforge.net/devlib2/ which sounded promising. ÂAm I right that going this route would allow full hardware virtualization instead of paravirtualization? ÂWith paravirtualization I'd guess VMEbus would have to be supported in QEMU correct? The only information I can find regarding QEMU and VMEbus isÂhttp://fossies.org/dox/qemu-2.1.0/cmd__universe_8c.htmlÂÂ

Looking again in the linux source fileÂ./drivers/vme/bridges/vme_tsi148.c ÂI see that the driver is registered with the PCI subsystem. So this looks very promising in terms of being able to do PCI passthrough.Â

Cheers
Paul