Re: [Xen-devel] Possible problem emulating movntq, movss

On 06/08/2014 09:57, Razvan Cojocaru wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We found that our HVM guests froze when trying to emulate movntq
> instructions. The solution seems to be to replace "goto done;" with
> "break;" at line 4191 (when handling "case 0x7f:") in
> xen/arch/x86/x86_emulate/x86_emulate.c. Otherwise the writeback part
> doesn't happen.
>
> If you're happy with the fix I can prepare a patch, otherwise please let
> me know if we're missing something.
>

> Thanks,
> Razvan Cojocaru

I can't comment on the fix right now, but will take a look at it in due
course.

If you are making a change, please can you add a testcase for movntq and
movss to tools/tests/x86_emulator/test_x86_emulator.c which is the
unittest harness for x86_emulate.

~Andrew