Re: [Xen-devel] failed to get IP for guest vm during running test-amd64-amd64-xl job

On Fri, 2014-07-25 at 09:40 +0000, Pang, LongtaoX wrote:
> Could you please tell me how did the guest vm to get the IP address in
> OSSTest system?

As you've discerned this is the function of the DhcpWatchMethod thing.

osstest needs to have access to the DHCP server's leases file by some
mechanism. For the production deployment we arrange for the DHCP server
to spit out its leases file on TCP port 5556, hence the default is
        'leases dhcp3 woking.cam.xci-test.com:5556'
(since woking is our local DHCP server). i.e.
        nc woking.cam.xci-test.com 5556
gets us the leases.

If your DHCP server happens to be running on the same machine as the
osstest scripts then I believe you can use
        'leases dhcp3 /path/to/dhcp.leases'
We used to do this when osstest ran on woking, see osstest.git
3bb184d4e882 for the switch over.

The current code only copes with leases files in the ISC DHCPD server's
format (apparently documented in dhcpd.leases(5)).

If you are unable to obtain the live copy of the leases file or it is
not in ISC dhcp.leases format then you will probably need to implement a
new Osstest/DhcpWatch/foo.pm or update Osstest/DHcpWatch/leases.pm to
support whatever mechanism you are able to arrange.

Ian.