Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 development update (July update)

Il 23/07/2014 15:45, Stefano Stabellini ha scritto:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
Il 23/07/2014 12:20, Stefano Stabellini ha scritto:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, Ian Campbell wrote:
(trimming CC to just those related to things I've commented on)

On Tue, 2014-07-22 at 20:28 -0400, konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

fair - still working on it, patches are prototypes or RFC
You've used this (correctly per your definition here) on various things
which it seems to me are very unlikely to make it for 4.5, i.e. things
which are really early prototypes etc, which made me pause every time I
ready it and have to think back to the definition.

I guess what I'm saying is that "fair" is not a good label for this
state, it implies that while the thing is a WIP it is still likely to
make it for 4.5.

I think you need a lower ranked WIP label for things which are in that
state of prototype/RFC but not likely to make 4.5. "wip" or "inprogress"
perhaps.

= Open =

== ARM ==
[...]

*  ARM VM save/restore/live migration (ok)
    -  Junghyun Yoo
I've not heard from Junghyun since the initial reposting, not sure what
the prognosis is but given lack of support for SMP and some of the other
issues I'm more incline to suggest fair rather than OK. Jinghyun, do you
have any thoughts?

It's possible that the "save/restore/dead-migration" bit is "ok", it's
the live migration bits where the issues mostly remain iffy.

Also this is dependent on the migration v2 by Andrew et al.

*  ARM: Use super pages in p2m (ok)
     v5 posted
    -  Ian Campbell
Committed.

== QEMU ==

*  Rebase of QEMU 2.0 and SeaBIOS (fair)
    -  Ian Jackson
What is this? Neither of them sound like Ian J things. Stefano maintains
Qemu and I take care of SeaBIOS.
Yeah, it should be me for QEMU and it is done.

>From the SeaBIOS side we are currently using the latest upstream.

IIRC Stefano has merged the version of qemu which he intends 4.5 to ship
with, but he should confirm...
Yes, I have already merged QEMU 2.0.0 and I am not planning to merge
again a new QEMU upstream release before 4.5.
qemu 2.1 is near to be released, now is rc3, why not update to 2.1?
I don't think we would have enough time to test it throughly.
However, the major distributions will update to latest qemu tested or notin Xen. I think it's always best to use the latest stable qemu in xen-unstable, at least until will xen reach the freeze.