Re: [Xen-devel] 10s shutdown delay for PV guests with PCI passthrough

Hello Konrad,

Friday, July 18, 2014, 7:45:06 PM, you wrote:

>> 3.- frontend set state XenbusStateInitialising and waits for frontend
>> to go to a state in the interval [XenbusStateInitWait,
>> XenbusStateClosed).
>>
>> If I perform step 3 then the frontend never exits as the backend state
>> stays at XenbusStateClosed

> It looks like there is no code for XenbusStateInitialising so it
> just ignores it. There is a state for XenbusStateInitialised.

OK.  So  do  I set XenbusStateInitialised? If so, what's the handshake
value from the backend?

>> If I do not perform step 3 then PV shutsdown after a 10s timeout.

> How does it shutdown? What causes the shutdown?

PV will exit, however xl does not release the domain for another 10s.

--
Best regards,
 Simon                            mailto:furryfuttock@xxxxxxxxx