Re: [Xen-devel] live migration between xen 4.0 and xen 4.3

On Wed, 2014-07-16 at 07:49 +0000, Zhang, Yang Z wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to live migration between xen 4.0 which using xend to xen 4.3
> which using xl?

It has never been supported to make such a large leap with any
toolstack. We have only ever supported N->N+1 migration. It might have
worked for some specific release combinations by chance but it's not
guaranteed.

> I remember for xend, we need to set the xend-config.sxp correctly to
> support live migration. Is this required by xl also?

xl doesn't need any specific configuration beyond ensuring you can ssh
from source to target (or using the xl migrate option to provide a
different transport)

Ian.