[Xen-devel] Current state of Xen microcode (Was: Re: uploading 3.16~rc5-1~exp1)

Adding xen-devel and some of the Linux maints,

On Mon, 2014-07-14 at 23:22 +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> I will upload tomorrow Tuesday around 22h00 UT to experimental.
>
> There are two TODOS concerning the not yet forwarded Debian patches:
> - cgroups
> - xen microcode
>

> I consider both not a blocker, but would be happy if Xen guys could
> have a look for what is needed.

The xen microcode patches which maks is referring to are these:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/kernel/dists/trunk/linux/debian/patches/features/all/xen/
which are a forward port of Jeremy's old microcode_xen.ko driver.

I've not been keeping up on Xen x86 microcode stuff these days but I
think we don't need this any more with modern Xen since we can parse the
microcode blob off the front of the initrd, is that right?

(this is predicated on Xen 4.4 hitting unstable, which is underway)

Thanks,
Ian.