Re: [Xen-devel] mini-os: x86_64: crash passing double arguments

>>> On 02.07.14 at 14:37, <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was assuming that 16-bytes (-mpreferred-stack-boundary=4) was the
> implied default by the architecture's ABI, hence the compiler would
> already naturally deal with things requiring 32 or 64 byte alignment
> (with a starting assumption of 16-byte alignment on function entry).

That is the default in the absence of any other options. Someone
adding -mavx or some such to their compiler options would, however,
break this. One might argue that (s)he should then also add the
other option, but we can as well be on the safe side from the
beginning.

Anyway - the judgment here is with the MiniOS maintainers.

Jan