Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4.1-rc1, 4.3.3-rc1 and 4.2.5-rc1 have been tagged

>>> On 21.06.14 at 09:51, <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2014, Jan Beulich wrote:
>
>> aiming at releases with, as before, presumably just one more RC on
>> each of the branches (even more so with the long delay already incurred),
>> please test!
>>
>> To remind you, 4.2.5 is expected to be the last xen.org coordinated
>> release on the 4.2 series.
>
> At the risk of pointing out the obvious, I notice that these release
> candidates don't have the XSA-100 security fix.

Indeed, the obvious - the immediately following commits in all three
trees are the XSA-100 fixes (and had been at the time of tagging).
The (obvious I would say) reason was that with the huge delay we
already are facing with these releases, I didn't want to wait for
another round of pushes on all three trees before doing the RC1s
(taking into consideration that XSA-100 isn't one of the most
pressing issues that would absolutely have to have been fixed in
a particular RC; that would likely have been different for a release).

Jan