Re: [Xen-devel] pci adapter not working in dom0. works under plain Linux.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 02:12:13PM +0200, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:

> >> Were you by any means referring to this thread / patch:
> >> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-01/msg01982.html ?
> >>

> > That patch applies and compiles once you take into account some moved
> > files. I haven't tested yet though - my mythtv box is busy recording :)
> > I notice there is a 'videobuf2-dma-sg.c' file in the current tree, which I
> > assume is a 'second generation' v4l implementation that drivers will be
> > progressively moved over to. I can't tell if the dma implementation in
> > there is correct, but it certainly doesn't return any hits in a grep for
> > 32...
> > A grep for the export 'vb2_dma_sg_memops' only shows up 2 drivers using it
> > though. What's the procedure around rebasing and submitting a patch that
> > someone else wrote?
>
> Yeah the conversion is going slowly .. i tried to start it for the cx25821 ..
> but the problem is it's "all or nothing" you can't do it in little steps.

You mean the patch I wrote that I totally forgot about until
Sander awesomely found it? You can go ahead and have it come
from you (aka, the author can be you). The only thing I would
ask you to keep is my SOB (so it is known that it came through
my hands) in the patch and maybe mention: "Rework of Konrad's initial
patch" (optional).

You should not treat this as a general rule though - but the yardstick
I've done is - contact the author of the patch - ask them if they are OK
with the patch and me reworking it. If they don't respond or are unreachable
I take the ownership of the patch and start reworking. At that point
I just make sure that I keep their original Copyright in the file or mention
it as an SoB.