Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable: Xen panic when shutting down HVM guest with PCI passthrough: RIP: e008:[<ffff82d0801099b1>] evtchn_move_pirqs+0x90/0xbf

Friday, June 6, 2014, 12:03:20 PM, you wrote:

>> OK did some more testing:
>>
>> Nope i didn't see it before .. but I can't seem to trigger it again ..
>> so the patch seems to be OK.

> Good.

>> ( Oh and when being stubborn and trying to restart the guest with
>> passthrough after this message
>>   causes a complete machine freeze (without any stacktrace on serial console
>>   (without sync_console though)
>> )

> That's concerning, but would require to be reproducible in order to
> investigate.

Will try to gather as much info as i can when i spot it again.

>>> Is the passed through device also sitting on IRQ 16 (the one getting
>>> disabled)? In which case the question would be whether the passed
>>> through device gets properly shut down when the guest terminates.
>>
>> Under the assumption that the devices get the same irq after reboot (which
>> seems
>> to be the case) ..
>> it wasn't .. it was the onboard soundcontroller which was still assigned to
>> dom0 (and not in active use).
>>
>> 00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 Azalia
>> (Intel HDA) (rev 40)
>>         Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Device 7640
>>         Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
>>         Memory at fddf8000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>>         Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
>>         Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel

> That the in-Dom0 device was a sound controller was clear from the
> kernel messages. The question was what IRQ(s) the passed through
> device is using.

07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Turks
[Radeon HD 6570] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Device e193
        Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 32
        Memory at a0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [disabled] [size=256M]
        Memory at fe1c0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=128K]
        I/O ports at a000 [disabled] [size=256]
        Expansion ROM at fe1a0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [58] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [a0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [100] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=010
<?>
        Capabilities: [150] Advanced Error Reporting
        Kernel driver in use: pciback