Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.3-testing test] 26866: regressions - FAIL

On Mon, 2014-06-02 at 09:39 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > flight 26866 xen-4.3-testing real [real]
> > http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/26866/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  build-armhf                   5 xen-build                 fail REGR. vs.
> > 26277
> >  build-armhf-pvops             5 kernel-build              fail REGR. vs.
> > 26277
>
> While I believe that these are infrastructure related, ...

Yes, power issues.

> >  build-i386-libvirt            5 libvirt-build             fail REGR. vs.
> > 26277
>
> ... this one doesn't seem to: It has been failing for quite a while, and
> afaict always with a timeout in the middle of the build, which makes
> me think the timeout is simply too short (albeit the question then is
> why on other trees it passes - just checked a 4.4 example, where
> this takes less than 20 minutes while the timeout here occurs after
> 1:10 hours). Any idea what's going on here?

The autogen.sh phase for libvirt does take a surprisingly long time, but
1:10 seems a bit excessive.

Nothing in the logs looks odd, so perhaps leaf-beetle just has
especially slow disks or something? I believe we are running the native
distro kernel for this bit so it's not something Xen is doing wrong.

If it were just that the hardware was slow then other branches might be
getting lucky, but this branch having found a system where it fails will
now pound on it forever.

Ian.