[Xen-devel] How to trace when xen boots?

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: haofeng hua <huahaofeng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 18:29:23 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 14 May 2014 10:29:28 +0000

Hi,all.
I am new here and with little experience in kernel programming and debugging.Â
I am recently implementing a simple scheduler for Xen. I have implemented the interfaces such as init, init_domain, alloc_pdata, alloc_vdata, insert_vcpu and do_schedule. Then I start to try if my functions work well.Â
I trace my code with "printk". My printing strings show on screen until it goes to console_endboot() in setup.c. I don't know how to trace next because the screen turns black and what's worse is the booting stops. I guess there could be something wrong with my schedule function. I can't find out the bugs because I can't see my print information.Â
How could I trace after console_endboot()? Is the printing information stored in files? Howerver, my scheduler failed to start dom0.
Do you use printk to trace when xen boots? Every time I have to add printk() and compile and reboot when I want to trace something. Is there any easy way?

With best regards.