Re: [Xen-devel] [PULL 1/7] exec: Limit translation limiting in address_space_translate to xen

Il 07/05/2014 17:32, Peter Maydell ha scritto:
> Regarding fixing callers, a known one is virtio-scsi which is a bug and on
> my todo list.  But another is VFIO, which cannot accept truncation if the
> IOMMU page size is greater than TARGET_PAGE_SIZE.

The API can't simultaneously allow the implementation to truncate
and guarantee to the caller that we don't truncate, so one of these
has to change, surely?

We can provide a function to return the truncation granularity, and add to VFIO a check that will prevent using VFIO together with Xen.

Paolo