Re: [Xen-devel] Device pass through on XEN on ARM

On 04/29/2014 12:35 PM, Khandelwal, Shubham wrote:
> Hello,

Hello,

I've dropped the xen-arm list as it has been archived few months ago.

> I would like to understand how is pass through achieved on XEN on ARM
> for devices which do not have a PCI bus controller, like for example
> embedded devices. Any pointers in this direction will be appreciated.

For the moment, Xen 4.5 doesn't support device passthrough. We are
working on 2 distinct solutions to allow non-pci device passthrough.

Arianna has sent a patch series [1] to use "iomem" in the configuration
file for xl. Her solution allows you to passthrough a range of MMIO to a
specific guest. There is no device tree support (i.e xl won't create the
node for your DT node in the device tree generate for the guest), and it
won't work if the device is protected by an IOMMU.

I'm actually working to add support for IRQ passthrough in a similar way.

In a near future (once the latter item is done), I plan to add support
for non-pci passthrough via the device tree.

> Thanks & Regards

Regards,

[1] http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-04/msg02646.html

--