Re: [Xen-devel] Hidden symbol when debugging hypervisor

>>> On 30.04.14 at 12:07, <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/30/2014 10:39 AM, Juergen Gross wrote:

>>> No reasons at all -- the naming is an artifact of development. Feel
>>> free to
>>> send a patch renaming it.
>>
>> I tried it once:
>> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-02/msg02255.html
>>
>> Jan didn't like it.
>
> It looks like he was only thinking about backtraces, not about cscope or
> about debugging core dumps.  Jan, do you have another solution for
> those, or shall we go ahead and change the names?

If you're happy with the names getting changed, so be it. I have no
alternative suggestion. I simply would have expected that in year
2014 tools can deal with situations like this (i.e. find the applicable
type rather than the first, last, or a random one). Dwarf debug info
certainly has all the necessary information for that to happen.

Jan