Re: [Xen-devel] ARM Guest VM Type

Hello Tamas,

On 27/04/14 11:25, Tamas Lengyel wrote:
What about paging? On x86 it's configurable whether I want the guest to
use shadow or HAP via hap=0/1 but I haven't find anything about that for
the ARM side. Looking at the source I got the feeling that it's shadow
paging if the guest is created with the config shown in
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions#DomU_kernel_and_DTS.
Please correct me if I'm wrong! Thanks =)

Xen on ARM takes directly advantage of the hardware virtualization feature. ARM processors provide a stage 2 translation (i.e guest PA -> host PA).

We don't support other kind of P2M translation (such as shadow PT) on ARM.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall