Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.4-testing test] 25979: regressions - FAIL

On Fri, 2014-04-25 at 12:34 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > flight 25979 xen-4.4-testing real [real]
> > http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/25979/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  test-amd64-amd64-xl-qemut-winxpsp3  7 windows-install     fail REGR. vs.
> > 25794
>
> This has been failing for the last several runs, yet again without
> me being able to see anything suspicious in the logs. The screen
> shots of the guest suggest it came mostly up, but may still be
> doing something before being fully up. Yet again, just like noted
> for one of the -unstable failures recently, the 4th boot of the
> guest is suspiciously close to the 7000s timeout...

The diff between 25794 and now is:
        139a62e xen/arm: vgic: Check rank in GICD_ICFGR* emulation before
locking
        fc070bc xen: x86 & generic: change to __builtin_prefetch()
        cbd5a0c x86/mm: fix checks against max_mapped_pfn
        da8e158 xen/arm: Don't let guess access to Debug and Performance
Monitor regist
        8f416fc xen/arm: Don't expose implementation defined registers (Cp15
c15) to th
        4642a21 xen/arm: Trap cache and TCM lockdown registers
        16ef39e xen/arm: Upgrade DCISW into DCCISW
        9800bfa xen/arm: Don't let the guest access the coprocessors registers
        ed13367 xen/arm: Inject an undefined instruction when the coproc/sysreg
is not

Most of which is irrelevant to an x86 test. Unless fc070bc (unlikely) or
cbd5a0c (I cannot judge) made windows installs slower?

How long did the fourth boot take in 25794 I wonder?

The other possibility is that this is host specific, and that lake-frog
is just slow compared with other machines. Since osstest is sticky to
hosts on failures all the tests since the initial failure in 25958 have
been on the same host.

Unfortunately my osstest db-fu isn't really up to datamining the history
of this test case on various machines. Ian J is away for a few days,
perhaps he can take a look at this aspect when he gets back?

Ian.