Re: [Xen-devel] Update seabios and upstream qemu versions used on xen-unstable

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 09:41:20PM +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
[...]
> >From qemu 1.3 I kept testing the upstream qemu as far as I could, to find and
> report any regressions with xen.
> Unfortunately I did not have enough time and in some cases the knowledge to
> fix and/or improve some things to try to ensure a good integration, use of
> the main new qemu features, and exemptions from criticism regressions with
> xen before of the new qemu stable versions release.
> An important first step, perhaps the most important would be to keep the
> tested with qemu upstream xen during the development of each version (
> http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master) in
> order to immediately
> identify any regression with xen and resolve as soon as possible or at
> least report
> it on qemu-devel.
> I gave a quick look at the git osstest to eventually try to use it on a
> test server and run necessary automated tests for the nights but I did not
> understand enough and I have almost no knowledge of perl, and perhaps even
> more my very bad english...

I presume you've checked out osstest related posts on blog.xen.org.
Given your requirement you might want to use it in "production" mode
which automatically runs testcases and do bisection. I don't think it's
very easy to setup, you might want to speak to Ian Campbell or Ian
Jackson.

> My first doubts about osstest for example:
> must to have 2 test systems (osstest controller and test xen host) on a
> network
> that is without others dhcp and dns servers outside of the controller
> but connected
> to the internet or am I wrong?

Not sure I understand this.

You can run all IT infrastructure and controller on the same host. The
minimal setup is two machines: one for runing testcase and the other for
everything else.

> There is a method to easy and fast have working dns/dhcp/tftp enough to
> osstest?

DNS/DHCP/TFTP are generanl IT infrastructure, not part of OSSTest. But I
admit it's never easy to maintain them...

Wei.