Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 25858: regressions - FAIL

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 25858: regressions -
FAIL"):
> On 12.04.14 at 08:15, <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > flight 25858 xen-unstable real [real]
> > http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/25858/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  build-i386                    4 xen-build                 fail REGR. vs.
> > 25819
>
> So it's not clear to me whether this
>
> + perl -i.bak -pe '
>               next unless m/^exit 0/;
>                 print "setopt CONFIG_HIGHPTE n\n" or die $!;
>                 print "setopt CONFIG_TUN y\n" or die $!;
>                 print "setopt CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NBD m\n" or die $!;
>                 print "setopt CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO y\n" or die $!;
>         ' buildconfigs/enable-xen-config
> Can't open buildconfigs/enable-xen-config: No such file or directory.

mariner:~/junk> perl -i.bak -pe '' nonexistent
Can't open nonexistent: No such file or directory.
mariner:~/junk> echo $?
0
mariner:~/junk>

OMG WTF BBQ

I'm not sure what to do about this.  I mean, the buildconfigs editing
thing should probably go, but I'm wondering if we have to go through
and remove all uses of perl -i.

> is causing the failure, or whether it's "only" again suffering from the
> timeout issue:
>
> failure (trapped): status (timed out) at Osstest/TestSupport.pm line 385.
>
> I would have thought that at least on of the five flights that were run
> over the weekend should have gotten away without hitting the timeout,
> but of course I don't know how busy the build systems were.

There seem to have been problems with the osstest vm's networking
which I guess might have made things slow before they stopped
altogether.

Ian.