Re: [Xen-devel] Question about running Xen 4.4 on Arndale board

Hi Julien,

Thank you so much for your reply!

> We have a Samsung Exynos 5420 Arndale Octa Board. We tried to run Xen
> 4.4 on the Arndale Octa board.

Xen 4.4 only supports the Arndale 5250. AFAIK, the octa has a similar
layout as 5250. Porting Xen on the board should not be too difficult.

I know there is some people who are working on porting Xen to the odroid
xu which also have an exynos inside.

Great! Do you know if they have any timeline on this or any patch we could try?

> We have successfully to run Ubuntu on that board by customizing the UBoot.

Does your U-boot bring up CPU in hypervisor mode?

Sorry, can I ask a silly question:
How should I check if U-boot bring up CPU in hypervisor mode?
When we run Ubuntu successfully, we didn't use Xen at all. (Of course, it doesn't affect us to check if Uboot bring up CPU in hypervisor mode.)

> We tried to boot from the SD card, so the UBoot variable we set is:

> When we boot the board with command "#boot", xen does not seem to boot.
> The message we got is:
>
>     reading /zImag
>     4801504 bytes read
>     reading /xen-uImage
>     880833 bytes read
>     ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 50000000 ...
>        Image Name:
>        Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
>        Data Size:    880769 Bytes = 860.1 KiB
>        Load Address: 80200000
>        Entry Point:  80200000
>        Verifying Checksum ... OK
>     OK
>     Starting kernel ...

IIRC, the UART is the same as the Arndale 5250. Can you try to recompile
Xen with CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=exynos5250 on the make command line? Don't
forget to clean up the tree before!

Sure! We will try and let you know the result!

Thank you again for your help!

Best,