Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 25730: regressions - FAIL

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 25730: regressions -
FAIL"):
> All of these are pretty much the same,
> 2014-04-02 14:51:42 Z FAILURE: reboot-confirm-booted: wait timed out: stat:
> cannot stat `/dev/shm/osstest-confirm-booted': No such file or directory.
>
> I've eyeballed the logs for a few of them and the update-rc.d of
> osstest-confirm-booted looked to be successful and from the serial logs
> it seems like the machines have booted. It's affecting a variety of
> machines (x86 and arm for a start).
>
> None of the changesets under test look very plausible to me, but on the
> other hand it doesn't smell like an infrastructure issue. THe error
> message is "cannot stat" not a ssh timeout for one thing.

"cannot state [blah] ENOENT" means /dev/shm/osstest-confirm-booted
does not exist.  It is created at the end of the boot process by a
dropping inserted into the init system by osstest, so that osstest can
avoid starting to use a host before it's properly up.

> I see now that a subsequent run (25733) succeeded. I think I'll put this
> run down to gremlins...

Maybe something is making the boot process slow.

Ian.