Re: [Xen-devel] Possible memory leak in qemu-dm (qemu-dm swapping 20GB+, adding 2gb+ per day)

On Tue, 2014-03-25 at 21:48 +1100, Steven Haigh wrote:
> On 25/03/14 21:28, Ian Campbell wrote:

> >> I thought the fix was committed to all the maintained qemu-traditional
> >> branches..
> >
> > I think so too.
> >
> > But if not then given a reliable repro I think the advice to try it
> > under valgrind (which AIUI can now traces qemus thanks to Andrew Coopers
> > work) still holds as a useful next step.
>
> Is there any guide on how to do this to gather said info? Documentation?
> Implementation? Interpretation?

http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2013/01/18/using-valgrind-to-debug-xen-toolstacks/
 has some info on running valgrind on the toolstack, I think this should extend
to processes launched by the toolstack such as qemu, so it might be as easy as
following that.

Otherwise Andrew might have some more concrete advise but I think the
approach I would take is to create a wrapper script which does
"valgrind /path/to/qemu $@" and then use that via the
device_model_override directive in the domain config.

Ian.