Re: [Xen-devel] 4.4 Release Talk Slides

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Russell Pavlicek
<russell.pavlicek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's the latest version.

Re "Improved flexibility for driver domains": I think the bottom line
is that before some functionality available for block devices in dom0
wasn't supported in Linux driver domains, and some functionality
supported in Linux driver domains wasn't supported in non-Linux driver
domains.  Now all dom0 functionality is supported in any kind of
driver domain.  Maybe "Disk driver domains are now feature complete"
might be a stronger wording?

Re event channel scalability: This is also important with VDI
deployments (which also typically have a high VM density).

Re nested virt -- not sure if these need to be on the slides, but you
should know them if you get asked:
 * Only 64-bit hypervisors are supported; which means, "XP
compatibility mode" is only supported on 64-bit Win7; on 32-bit Win7
nested virt won't work.  (This should be on the wiki page.)
 * The main reason nested-virt is still "tech preview" is that the L1
admin can do things (like PoD, memory sharing, &c) which may lock up
the host (L0).  If you trust your L1 guest admins, you should be able
to use it.

That's all I've got -- looks good overall. :-)

 -George