Re: [Xen-devel] Dealing with non-existent BDF devices in VT-d and in the hardware.

>>> On 20.03.14 at 01:48, "Zhang, Yang Z" <yang.z.zhang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> fake a device is a solution. But I am thinking (maybe I am wrong) why not
> setup all VT-d entries under a bridge if passing a PCI device under a bridge.
> Because when passing a PCI device under a bridge, all devices under bridge
> should be assigned to the guest too. What current Xen dose is only set the
> entry which has device, so why not extend it to setup all entries? In this
> case, there is no user input is required.

You'd have to prove that this doesn't impact isolation/security.
Just look at xend: It checks that all devices in a group are owned
by pciback/pci-stub, but it doesn't enforce assignment of all of
them. This might be intentional (namely for any intermediate
bridges).

But yes, I think this would address Konrad's problem.

Jan