Re: [Xen-devel] xenstat for qdisk backend seems wrong

On Fri, 2014-03-14 at 14:04 +0900, Jungnam Lee wrote:
> Hi, all.
> I created vm with the latest xen and linux, then found that vbd related
> fields is always shown as 0 in xentop. It seems xenstat_collect_vbd() in
> xenstat_linux.c does not have codes to handle this type. Also there is
> no statistics in /sys/bus/xen-backend/devices/qdisk-*-*/. Any guess on
> this?

It's pretty likely that this is simply not implemented. Patches (to both
qemu and xenstat as necessary) would be most welcome. I'm not sure what
it would look like since qdisk wouldn't normally have a sysfs interface.
Perhaps these stats can be gathered by speaking to the qemu via qmp?

Ian