Re: [Xen-devel] Please review the key 4.4 release docs

On 03/10/2014 04:27 AM, Zhang, Yang Z wrote:
Russell Pavlicek wrote on 2014-03-10:
I have done my best to compile the various key release documents for
the 4.4 release.

All have hyperlinks from the download page:
http://www.xenproject.org/downloads/xen-archives/supported-xen-44-seri
es/ xen-440.html
I thought that we have agreed that we will move the nested virtualization from
experimental to 1.0 or something else in Xen 4.4 release note. But it seems it
still in experimental state and there is no mention of it in the release note.

Well we discussed it, but there were too many things still missing to call it a properly supported feature: in particular, doubts about how well shadow-on-hap would work, which would be a potential security issue. (On my to-do list is to collect these somewhere so we have a clear set of criteria for moving nested HVM from "tech preview" to "supported".)

It would be good to put something in the release note, however, to say how much it has progressed. I'll see what I can do.

 -George