Re: [Xen-devel] regarding vtpm setup

On 03/07/2014 07:19 AM, Aastha Mehta wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your response.

[...]

Have you tested to see if the vTPM shows up in the guest? If so, can you use
it?

I can see /dev/tpm0 in the guest. And I am able to use the vtpm in the
guest So far, I did only tpm_version, but I see messages showing up on
the vtpm and the vtpmmgr console.

This indicates that the vTPM is working as it is supposed to.

What do the Xenstore entries for the vtpm devices look like (from
xenstore-ls)?

Do the event channels there match with the event channel dump (xl debug-key
e)?

I see a lot of entries in xl debug-keys dump. I can match all the
event channels in the xenstore entries with the ones from xl
debug-keys dump. However, there are some entries in xl debug-keys
which I cannot find in xenstore. I do not understand what those are..

The ones that match are appended with "<<".
Note, vtpmmgr = domid 2, vtpm = domid 3, guest = domid 4.

Event channels can be created for other reasons besides those recorded
in xenstore: the xenstore event channel itself and the guest console
are some examples. If you are getting TPM responses, the event channels
are wired up correctly.

--
Daniel De Graaf
National Security Agency