Re: [Xen-devel] Source tree tidy

To my knowledge, Joomla truly sucks at redirects.  I'd probably have to do the
redirect at the htaccess level AFAIK.  It really is an undesirable way to
manage redirects, especially as they pile up over time.

Also, keep in mind that the naming convention for pages in Joomla is incidental
compared to a Wiki or straight HTML.  You are most likely to arrive at a Joomla
page because (a) you followed a hyperlink somewhere which probably is attached
to some appropriately descriptive text, or (b) you used Google to find
"OpenPGP" or similar useful text.

Most people will never be conscious of the URL of the page they are on, because
there is no need to think in those terms.  And, if you look at some of the URLs
you end up with using Joomla, that's a blessing.

So I can do a redirect, but I want to make sure it is necessary.  A quick
Google doesn't seem to show me any external references to the page (but I will
need to verify).  If there is no external reference, I suggest simply changing
the page name and forgetting the redirect.

Russ Pavlicek
Xen Project Evangelist, Citrix Systems
Home Office: +1-301-829-5327
Mobile: +1-240-397-0199