Re: [Xen-devel] PVH Dom0 with latest Linux kernels

On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 17:47:04 -0800
Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 17:48:02 +0100
> Roger Pau Monnà <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've tried to boot a PVH Dom0 using Linux 3.14.0-rc3 and Mukesh's
> > PVH Dom0 Xen tree
> > (https://oss.oracle.com/git/?p=mrathor/xen.git;a=shortlog;
> > h=dom0pvh-v7), and got the following crash. Do you have any new Xen
> > Dom0 series that I could use to test PVH Dom0?
> >

> It won't work. The final linux patches were changed a bit, and it
> makes an hcall that will cause mem corruption in xen. So, just hang
> in there a bit, new patches coming up in few days.
>
> thanks
> Mukesh

Hey Roger,

Sorry, still don't have the new version out. Just running into one
issue after another... I had to refresh the tree, that broke my tools
as they needed newer glibc, which caused me to reinstall, which caused
dom0 to break causing me to rebuild that entire thing... anyways, I
ve got stuff up, but guests are not starting right now. Debugging. Will
keep you posted.

thanks
Mukesh