[Xen-devel] Domain configuration for DomU

Hi all,

We are using Linux as Dom0 and Android as DomU on OMAP5 processors
family. Xen version is 4.4-rc2. We have our own devtree configuration file for
DomU. In our case device tree binary is appended to zImage by using
CONFIG_ARM_APPENDED_DTB option in kernel config for DomU. As I
understood, Xen can determine that there is appended to zImage DTB for
DomU. But it tries to generate its own devtree configuration file via
libxl__arch_domain_configure() function call thru libxl__build_pv() function in
tools/libxl/libxl_dom.c file. Which is dummy work in that case. In the same
time we have some platform specific configuration which is different from
generic ARM configuration that Xen tries to generate for us. Why Xen tries
to generate its own devtree even if appended to zImage DTB can be
detected? Should we expect some modifications in domain configuration
functions for those cases when DomU requires more platform specific
configuration? Please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Victor