Re: [Xen-devel] Is: pci=assign-busses blows up Xen 4.4

>>> On 21.02.14 at 20:18, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 4). Make Xen do the bus re-assignment.
>
> The attached patch is an interesting "solution" to the BIOS
> not doing the right bus-extending with SR-IOV devices.

Nice that you got this to work, but this is definitely not the route
to go: There's no way we can guarantee to do this re-numbering
on segments other than segment 0 (since we can't necessarily
access the config spaces of the devices on other segments
before Dom0 telling us necessary bits of information).

Apart from that, I'd also really like to avoid duplicating code from
Linux into the hypervisor when all that is needed is making that
code work right in an admittedly rather special case.

Jan