Re: [Xen-devel] Today is Xen Project Test Day for 4.4 RC4

George Dunlap wrote on 2014-02-18:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Dario Faggioli <raistlin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> This is a reminder that today is the Xen Project Test Day for Xen
>> 4.4 RC4.
>>
>> General Information about Test Days can be found here:
>> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Test_Days
>>
>> and specific instructions for this Test Day are located here:
>> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_4.4_RC4_test_instructions

Unfortunately, we saw device pass-through failure with RHEL6u5 guest (only
REHL6U5 is buggy). But it seems it only exists in one Sandy bridge EP machine.
We are evaluating it now and will let you know if it turns out to be a bug.

> From a release management perspective, there are a couple of big
> changes since RC3 that need testing:
>
> * PVH mode has been fixed.  This involved a change on the nested virt code.
>
> * Building with the latest release of Clang has been fixed.  This may
> affect builds on other compilers -- please test different versions of clang
> and gcc.
>
> * A big patch series fixing races in libvirt/libxl was checked in.
> Testing with libvirt or xl would be helpful.
>
> * A patch fixing guest floating point support on ARM systems was checked in.
> Please run some programs that use the floating point unit.
>
> * A patch fixing an issue with device-passthru for HVM guests when the
> VNC client attached.  Please test migration, in particular with and
> without the VNC client attached; and device pass-through, with and
> without the VNC client attached.  (Migration with a device passed
> through is not supported.)
>
>  -George

Best regards,
Yang