Re: [Xen-devel] Strange interdependace between domains

Hello Simon,

Thanks everyone and especially Ian! It was the hyperthreading that was
causing the problem.

Here's my current configuration:

# xl cpupool-list -c
Name               CPU list
Pool-0             0,1
pv499              2,3
# xl vcpu-list
Name                                ID  VCPU   CPU State   Time(s) CPU Affinity
Domain-0                             0     0    0   r--      16.6  0
Domain-0                             0     1    1   -b-       7.3  1
win7x64                              1     0    1   -b-      82.5  all
win7x64                              1     1    0   -b-      18.6  all
pv499                                2     0    3   r--     226.1  3

I  have  pinned  dom0 as I wasn't sure whether it belongs to Pool-0 (I
assume it does, can you confirm please).

Dario, if you are going to look at the

Looking at my timings with this configuration I am seeing a 1%
variation (945 milliseconds +/- 5). I think this can be attributable
to  RAM  contention, at the end of the day all cores are competing for
the same bus.

--
Best regards,
 Simon                            mailto:furryfuttock@xxxxxxxxx