Re: [Xen-devel] Domain Save Image Format proposal (draft B)

At 22:12 -0600 on 10 Feb (1392066773), Shriram Rajagopalan wrote:
> My point here being, checksums seem like unnecessary compute overhead when
> doing live migration
> or Remus.  One can simply set this field to 0 when doing live
> migration/Remus.

Remus _compresses_ the payload, right?  CRC32 is basically free
compared to that.

But I think the point about checksumming the whole image is sound.
That will catch _more_ classes of corruption than a per-block data
checksum, and the class of bugs caught by per-block checksums (basically,
that the header and the data don't match for some reason) are pretty
small in this design.

Tim.