Re: [Xen-devel] build xen 4.3 backport for wheezy

On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 18:13 +0000, Brian Menges wrote:
> Iâm attempting to build 4.3 from Jessie (Debian) and Iâm bumping into
> an interesting dependency:

> RuntimeError: Can't find /usr/src/linux-support-3.10-3, please install
> the linux-support-3.10-3 package

> It looks like the build scripts arenât detecting my installation of
> linux-support-3.12-0.bpo.1 and has a version lock on 3.10-3 (which
> isnât backported, and available only in Jessie even though BPO has the
> newest 3.12).

This is a Debian packaging thing, not a Xen thing at all, and certainly
not a xen-devel thing.

IIRC the Xen packages in Debian use some of the packaging infrastructure
provided by Linux at source package preparation time (not actual build
time) and end up with a specific dependency.

You might have some luck frobbing xen/debian/rules.defs, or you might
find it easier to backport the required version.

Ian.