Re: [Xen-devel] Questions about the usage of the vTPM implemented in Xen 4.3

CCing the vTPM maintainer.

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 17:52 +0100, Jordi Cucurull Juan wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have recently configured a Xen 4.3 server with the vTPM enabled and a
> guest virtual machine that takes advantage of it. After playing a bit
> with it, I have a few questions:
>
> 1.According to the documentation, to shutdown the vTPM stubdom it is
> only needed to normally shutdown the guest VM. Theoretically, the vTPM
> stubdom automatically shuts down after this. Nevertheless, if I shutdown
> the guest the vTPM stubdom continues active and, moreover, I can start
> the machine again and the values of the vTPM are the last ones there
> were in the previous instance of the guest. Is this normal?

I don't know much about vTPM but this seems odd to me. Which toolstack
are you using? Can you provide details of your config and logs from both
the startup and shutdown etc please.

I've no clue about #2 or #3 I'm afraid.