Re: [Xen-devel] [SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS causing Xen HVM VCPU Triple fault

07.02.2014 01:20, Moyer, Keith ÐÐÑÐÑ:
> Thank you all for your quick, helpful replies!
> This was about to become a headache for us, so the identification of a fix so
> quickly is fantastic.
>
> On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 02:31 -0600, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> That commit made seabios size (default qemu config, gcc 4.7+) jump
>> from 128k to 256k in size because the code didn't fit into 128k any more.
>
> Makes sense.  Thanks for the explanation.
>
> On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 02:37 -0600, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> I think this was fixed in Xen with
>> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commit;h=5f2875739beef3a75c7a7e8579b6cbcb464e61b3
>
> I have confirmed that applying that patch to our Xen sources fixes the
> problem.
>
> I've filed a bug with Debian's Xen package on this matter, with the hope
> they'll backport that commit.

Meanwhile I just uploaded another release of seabios to
Debian archive which brings size of bios.bin back to 128Kb,
by disabling XCHI (usb3.0) and PVSCSI -- 1.7.4-3.

So things should be working fine on debian side again now
(at least on sid), even without patching xen.

And it looks like we should re-think what we remove from
our (qemu) "stripped-down" bios - as it turns out, Xen
actually uses bios from qemu unchanged...  But it is
really really fragile - on my build (gcc 4.7), with 2
options removed, 128Kb is 99.7% used ;)

Thanks,

/mjt