Re: [Xen-devel] xen-4.3 port to illumos based platform

On Feb 3, 2014, at 2:59 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 14:55 +0400, Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
>> i'm using xc_solaris.c - because illumos based on solaris and has open API.
>
> I suspect this was the case, thanks for confirming.
>
>> for now - i have found and fixed my problems: i'm able to load PV guests:
>> dilos PV on dilos-xen-4.3-dom0, Linux ContOS 6.4 and Debian 7.0 64bits.
>
> Excellent!
>
> Is Illumos usable as a domU on a Linux dom0 as well?

i didn't test it by myself, but i have info about works with Xen-4.2 based on
CentOS.
i have tested dilos-xen-3.4-dom0 with Linux PV/HVM guests - work well, also
Windows HVM work well too.
i have updated libfsimage by ZFS from illumos and now we can use pygrub for
illumos based VMs.

>> I'll send info later with new ISO and instruction for testing.
>> 'xl' now work well.
>> i'll work on provide my changes to Xen upstream.

sent email with info about it - i hope on feedback about testing :)

> Thank you!
>
> Ian.

-Igor