Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel 3.11 / 3.12 OOM killer and Xen ballooning

On February 3, 2014 4:49:12 AM EST, Daniel Kiper <daniel.kiper@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:56:54AM -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>memory, by
>all cases.
>pushing it
>got an

>part
>more
>Having
>(both
>memory =
>with my
>
>Hmmm... James, how do you build webkit-gtk? Just simple "make" or "make
>-j"?
>Could you confirm that webkit-gtk in any "subjobs" do not use "make
>-j"?

>guest
>> > I am carrying this patch for libxl (4.3.1) because maxmem wasn't
>> > being honoured.
>
>James, what do you mean by "maxmem wasn't being honoured"?
>
>> Daniel,
>>
>> Weren't you working on a similar patch? Do you recall what happend to
>it?
>
>Yep, and it was not applied because it has not been so mature.
>Additionally,
>this patch is part of bigger puzzle. I have it on my todo list but I
>would
>like to finish EFI stuff first. However, if you wish I could back to
>this
>work (if it is more important then EFI right now).

No - EFI is paramount. I was wondering if you had posted some patches in the
past that triggered a discussion about this? Perhaps James can pick up the work
and make it mature?