Re: [Xen-devel] [qemu-upstream-unstable test] 24553: tolerable FAIL - PUSHED

On Tue, 2014-01-28 at 15:08 +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:

> >> OK. But given that the new code is not part of any RCs, should I wait
> >> for the next one? Should we go back to "master"?
> >
> > I guess we should have gone back to "master" after tagging the last RC?
>
> Correct - this should have happened the moment the first new
> commit passed the push gate on the qemuu tree.

There's no need to wait that long -- this can be done in a commit which
immediately follows the one tagged as the rc.

> Don't know whether there would be a way to automate this...

It sounds like it would be tricky. I suppose a cronjob which verifies
that xen.git/staging always either says "master" or refers to a tag
which is the latest in qemu.git might work, but it sounds subtle and
error prone to me.

Ian.