Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] XEN bug at traps.c:3271

On Sun, 2014-01-19 at 13:37 +0100, Martin Unzner wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I just installed Xen 4.3.1 for EFI according to
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1359933 and tried to boot
> it. There was a crash at the very beginning, notifying me of a bug at
> traps.c:3271. I could not find any logs, so I just noted the stack trace
> on a sheet of paper:
>
> do_device_not_available
> handle_exception
> efi_get_time
> get_cmos_time
> init_xen_time
> __start_xen
>
> Does that mean my hardware is incompatible?

No, just that you've found a bug I think.

I'm copying the devel list here to see if anyone has any clues.

> Where would I find the Xen startup log, anyway?

In a normal running system in "xl dmesg" or you can configure
xenconsoled to write it to a file. But with a crash on boot it is too
soon for all of that, the solution is usually to use a serial console
(see the wiki), but a photograph or just noting to the error as you've
done can work too.

I'll leave it to others on the dev list to request a serial log or a
photo if they think it would be useful to have the additional
information (e.g. register state, stack addresses etc).

Ian.